Job Title: Museum Marketing Coordinator
Location: Holland Land Office Museum, 131 West Main Street, Batavia, NY 14020
Job Type: Part-time
Hours: 15 -20 hours per week (10 am to 2 pm Tuesday – Friday. Saturdays and evenings may be required).
Pay Type: Hourly / Rate: $12.50 per hour
The Museum Marketing Coordinator is responsible to provide general administrative service to the HLOM and reports directly to the Museum Director. He/she is also responsible for maintaining contact with and providing information and assistance to the Board of Directors to insure that the HLOM mission and strategic plan are being adhered to.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: • Coordinate advertising/promotions, marketing materials.
• Coordinate membership and fundraising efforts.
• Coordinate museum programs, exhibits, tours, events and the museum’s Book & Gift Shop.
• Work with artifacts and museum collections.
• Assist with research for museum and patrons.
• Assist with clerical functions (i.e. answering the phone, copying, mailings and other duties as required.)
• Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in marketing or media/communications.
- Interest in local history.
- Computer skills, internet experience and proficient with Microsoft Office, Photoshop and Past Perfect (museum collection software).
- Social Media (Website, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Experience working with the public and volunteers.
- Good planning and organizing.
- Experience in research and exhibit.
- Some lifting required (25-30 pounds).
Email Resume and Three References: (Subject: HLOM Marketing Coordinator) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail to: Ryan Duffy
Holland Land Office Museum,
131 West Main Street, Batavia, NY 14020.
Application Deadline: Friday, July 19, 2019 / NO Phone Calls Please.
HLOM Is An Equal Opportunity Employer